According to CNN, GOP leaders called many of the items on the stimulus bill wasteful. Among them are:
• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.
• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.
• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.
• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.
• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.
While I agree that "A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film" does seem unnecessary, I don't see what's wrong with education, alcohol abuse reduction, summer jobs, or eco-friendly building codes. As we saw flood reduction projects were certainly not the priority for the previous government. Notice that he does not have "throw more money to Iraq war contractors" on the bill.